- THE original wedge (V-nail) invented by Cassese in 1976, now designed for your underpinner (V-nailer)
- 10.5mm wide to fit all brands of underpinners (except Alfamacchine, Fletcher-AMP and Pilm)
- Very high tightening power thanks to unique shape memory steel alloy
- Color coded silicon to recognize type & hardness easily
- Unique silicon coating to prevent jammings and ease stacking
Shape memory steel
Wedges are made from a special steel alloy which gives shape memory properties to the wedge.
This way, when it penetrates into the moulding, it spreads its wings which – because of shape memory- try then to come back to their initial position
Each wedge is controlled by laser to ensure a perfect regularity & maximum efficiency
Wedges are not stuck together with glue or adhesive, since the accumulation of their residue can create jamming in the firing mechanism.
The silicone spreads along the wedge, and thus helps it slide and insert much better into the moulding
To identify quickly the wedges inside or outside the underpinner, silicone is colored depending on the hardness of wedges :
- White silicone for UNI Softwood
- Red silicone for UNI Hardwood & MDF
Available in 5, 7, 10, 12 & 15mm
On request : 3mm – ideal for fillets and slips
3 types of hardness
Available for Softwood, Hardwood or MDF
Available in :
Boxes of 8,000 pcs or boxes of 2,700 pcs
Did you know ?
In 1986, Antoine Cassese received in the USA the Award of Recognition from the PPFA (Professional Picture Framers Association) for his invention of the underpinner which has significantly contributed to the advancement of the Picture Framing Industry